Des Plaines Drain Cleaning
Professionally Unclogging Drains Since 1921
Drain problems are stressful and disruptive to your family’s routine. When they happen, the licensed plumbers at Bishop Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. provide drain cleaning in Des Plaines for everything from a simple clog in a single drain to a complex clog in the main sewer line. Our family-owned company has served the plumbing and drain needs of the local community for nearly a century, so you can rest assured that we will be here when you need us.
When Should I Call a Plumber for a Clogged Drain?
In some cases, you can clear out a clogged drain all on your own with simple tools and supplies from your local hardware store. Knowing when to clear a drain yourself and when to hire a plumber can help save time, money, and energy. Here are some signs that you need a plumber to clear your clogged drain:
- Your Plunger Doesn’t Work: When dealing with a toilet, sink, or drain clog, try your best to clear the clog using a clean plunger. The key to effective plunging is to create a tight seal around the drain and force excess water back through the drain to push the obstruction away. If this doesn’t work, call your local plumber.
- Home Remedies Don’t Work: Baking soda and vinegar are tried and true DIY remedies for basic clog clearing and are particularly effective with light sink clogs. If this solution doesn’t work, your clog is probably too heavy to be cleared by this fairly light-duty plumbing method.
- The Clog Is Deep in Your Sewer System: Plungers and toilet augers are great for clogs that are closer to the opening of the drain. However, for clogs that are much deeper in your sewer line, professional equipment may be necessary to clear your plumbing. Examples of serious issues that require professional attention include tree roots, non-drain-safe objects, and frozen pipes.
- You’re Using Too Many Chemicals: Before pouring another bottle of liquid drain cleaner into your pipes, remember the disadvantage of using harsh chemicals on your home’s plumbing. These chemicals tend to be very caustic and corrosive and can damage your plumbing with overuse. If you find yourself becoming too reliant on drain chemicals, hire a plumber to take care of your drain clog for good.
If you are experiencing an issue with your drain, call (847) 380-8053 to schedule drain cleaning in Des Plaines!
Dealing With Clogged Drains? Let Us Help.
Drains become clogged over time with hair, food particles, soap scum, and a variety of other debris. As the debris clogs the drain, it will become slow and eventually completely stop draining water. If the problem is limited to one sink, tub, or shower, it is probably a problem with that drain. When all the drains in the house are clogged, the clog may be located in the main sewer line. Our Des Plaines drain cleaning technicians are equipped to diagnose and solve any drain problem.
Common signs your drains need to be professionally cleaned:
- Slow or stopped drain: This is one of the more obvious signs that something is blocking your drain. Depending on the severity of the clog, your drain will either empty at a slightly slower pace than normal or fail to drain completely. There are many potential causes for this, and none of them will get better on their own. You should call for professional drain cleaning immediately.
- Foul smell coming from drain: If you notice strange or foul odors coming out from your pipes when you run water, there is likely a clog decomposing within. If the smell is coming from your garbage disposal you can try running the garbage disposal with ice or lemon peel. Otherwise you should have a professional come take a look.
- Strange gurgling noise coming from pipes: Clogged drains can cause air pockets to occur within your plumbing pipes, which will result in unusual gurgling sounds coming from your pipes when you run water or flush the toilet. Gurgling noises are never normal, so if you hear anything unusual you should call for a plumber right away.
If you notice any of the above signs, it's important to call for professional drain clearing rather than attempt to DIY. Many store-bought drain cleaners are full of harsh chemicals that end up damaging your pipes, inevitably costing you more money down the line.
High-Tech Solutions for Stubborn Drains in Des Plaines
Hydro-jetting uses high-pressure water to clear clogs in drains and sewer lines. The method uses specialized nozzles and attachments to create sufficient water pressure to control the cleaning process and eliminate even the toughest clogs. Hydro-jetting removes the clog and any buildup inside your pipes. The pipe will be completely cleaned, so the clog won’t return quickly, as can happen with other methods.
Other benefits of hydro-jetting:
- Breaks up even the most difficult obstructions
- Safe for pipes as long as they are in good condition
- Nozzle attachments allow technicians to clean the entire pipe
- Prevents future drain problems
If you are having a problem with one or more drains, our experienced plumbers offer same-day drain cleaning in Des Plaines. We provide upfront pricing for all plumbing jobs and discounts are available for members of the military and senior citizens.
Joe was fantastic!- Sally Hanson
Polite, Friendly and very professional- Ants Carnes
Incredibly thorough- Bret Schwalb
3 time customer!- Lance Curran
10 Stars- Stephanie Calovic
Great Service!- Scott Gallet
Recommend Bishop Plumbing!- Madaline Collins
Easy to work with- Lisa Wicker
Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness- Philip Anast
The best ever plumber- Piotr Kalinowski
Highly Professional- Mary Johnson
Quality work- Flavio Marin
Professionalism, courtesy and quality work- Gail Sam
Great job!- Paula Mangino
Best plumber ever!- Carla