Des Plaines Drain Cleaning Services
Professionally Unclogging Drains Since 1921
Drain problems are stressful and disruptive to your family’s routine. When they happen, the licensed plumbers at Bishop Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. provide drain cleaning in Des Plaines for everything from a simple clog in a single drain to a complex clog in the main sewer line. Our family-owned company has served the plumbing and drain needs of the local community for nearly a century, so you can rest assured that we will be here when you need us.
If you are experiencing an issue with your drain, call (847) 380-8053 to schedule drain cleaning in Des Plaines!
Dealing With Clogged Drains? Let Us Help.
Drains become clogged over time with hair, food particles, soap scum, and a variety of other debris. As the debris clogs the drain, it will become slow and eventually completely stop draining water. If the problem is limited to one sink, tub, or shower, it is probably a problem with that drain. When all the drains in the house are clogged, the clog may be located in the main sewer line. Our Des Plaines drain cleaning technicians are equipped to diagnose and solve any drain problem.
Common signs your drains need to be professionally cleaned:
- Slow or stopped drain - this is one of the more obvious signs that something is blocking your drain. Depending on the severity of the clog, your drain will either empty at a slightly slower pace than normal or fail to drain completely. There are many potential causes for this, and none of them will get better on their own. You should call for professional drain cleaning immediately.
- Foul smell coming from drain - if you notice strange or foul odors coming out from your pipes when you run water, there is likely a clog decomposing within. If the smell is coming from your garbage disposal you can try running the garbage disposal with ice or lemon peel. Otherwise you should have a professional come take a look.
- Strange gurgling noise coming from pipes - clogged drains can cause air pockets to occur within your plumbing pipes, which will result in unusual gurgling sounds coming from your pipes when you run water or flush the toilet. Gurgling noises are never normal, so if you hear anything unusual you should call for a plumber right away.
If you notice any of the above signs, it's important to call for professional drain clearing rather than attempt to DIY. Many store-bought drain cleaners are full of harsh chemicals that end up damaging your pipes, inevitably costing you more money down the line.
High-Tech Solutions for Stubborn Drains in Des Plaines
Hydro-jetting uses high-pressure water to clear clogs in drains and sewer lines. The method uses specialized nozzles and attachments to create sufficient water pressure to control the cleaning process and eliminate even the toughest clogs. Hydro-jetting removes the clog and any buildup inside your pipes. The pipe will be completely cleaned, so the clog won’t return quickly, as can happen with other methods.
Other benefits of hydro-jetting:
- Breaks up even the most difficult obstructions
- Safe for pipes as long as they are in good condition
- Nozzle attachments allow technicians to clean the entire pipe
- Prevents future drain problems
If you are having a problem with one or more drains, our experienced plumbers offer same-day drain cleaning in Des Plaines. We provide upfront pricing for all plumbing jobs and discounts are available for members of the military and senior citizens.
Best plumber ever!- Carla
As a business owner I recognize good employees and customer service. Bishop is top notch!- Drew F
Great service! I'm already using them again!- Andrew Fase
Great job.- Richard Shire
Very pleased with the work done by Bishop. Always call when there is a plumbing issue beyond my abilities.- Mark