Des Plaines Heat Pump Repair
Reliable Heat Pump Services
Heat pumps can be the perfect addition to any home as they provide relief for both hot summer days and cold winter nights. While these systems are easy to use and last a long time—with some lasting over 15 years—nothing gold can stay, and even the best heat pumps might be repaired from time to time. When your system isn’t performing the way it should, call our team at Bishop Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. With nearly a century of plumbing and HVAC experience, we know what it takes to go the extra mile for our customers—providing the fast, reliable, and long-lasting repair solutions that our neighbors throughout Des Plaines deserve.
Call us at (847) 380-8053 to learn more about how our experienced HVAC technicians can improve your heat pump today!
6 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
If your heat pump isn’t turning on, it is clear that repairs are needed, but even small signs can indicate that your system isn’t performing optimally, wasting energy and your hard-earned money on higher monthly bills.
6 signs something Is wrong with your heat pump:
- Loud noises: Don’t shrug off excessive noise. If you turn on your system and hear a loud groan or rattle, it could indicate your heat pump needs repairs
- A thick coating of ice: Des Plaines can get cold, so a little ice isn’t a bad sign. But, if you notice a thick coat of ice on your heat pump, your defrost mechanism, refrigerant, or coils aren’t functioning correctly.
- Short cycling: Do you notice your heat pump turning on and off quickly? This sign overworks your system and can even lead to larger repairs in the future if left unchecked.
- Unusually high energy bills: If you keep seeing your energy bill rise, without corresponding usage, it is clear your system is overworking and in need of repair.
- Ineffective heating: Does it seem like your heat pump is blowing air, but you’re not getting warm? When your system isn’t effectively heating your home you could have a leak or a component suffering from wear and tear.
- Unpleasant odor: A burnt or mildew smell is a clear sign your filters need servicing or an individual component is overheating.
Top-Rated HVAC Service Since 1921
At Bishop Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc., we have helped thousands of homeowners stay comfortable at home. We only hire the best of the best, and all of our technicians are skilled, highly trained, individually licensed, and experienced, so you can trust our team to find the perfect solution for your heat pump needs. We always arrive on time and ready to help—proudly offering same-day appointments and 24-hour emergency service, so you never have to sit in discomfort for long. We put our customers first and it shows. Check out our dozens of 5-star reviews from happy customers throughout Des Plaines and surrounding areas, or see for yourself by calling one of our friendly staff members today!
Best plumber ever!- Carla
As a business owner I recognize good employees and customer service. Bishop is top notch!- Drew F
Great service! I'm already using them again!- Andrew Fase
Great job.- Richard Shire
Very pleased with the work done by Bishop. Always call when there is a plumbing issue beyond my abilities.- Mark