Glenview Sump Pump Installation
If you are like the other 60% of Americans who suffer from below ground wetness, a sump pump is the perfect solution for you. Designed to remove excess water from your space, sump pumps are essential to keeping your basement and crawlspaces dry. Our licensed and certified plumbers at Bishop Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc. have been installing sump pumps for homes and businesses throughout Glenview for years, and are ready to put our expertise to work for you.
Apart from keeping your space dry, sump pumps provide a few other benefits, including reducing your risk of mold and mildew, protecting your basement appliances from corrosion, and improving your indoor air quality.
There are two types of sump pumps available to install: submersible and pedestal. The submersible model is most commonly installed during construction and has more horsepower than a pedestal model. What pedestal sump pumps lack in horsepower, they make up for it with longevity and ease of access. Whatever your sump pump needs are, our experienced team can find the perfect solution for you.
Give our skilled plumbers a call today at (847) 380-8053 to learn more about our sump pump services.
Sump Pump Repair Services in Glenview
The U.S. Department of Housing and Development puts the average life expectancy of sump pumps at around 10 years. If your sump pump is nearing the 10-year mark, it might be time to get it replaced, however, there are some subtler signs that your is in need of repairs.
5 signs you need sump pump repairs:
- Odd noises: If you hear grinding or rattling noises coming from your sump pump, it could be a sign of worn or damaged parts, leading to an overall less effective unit.
- The unit vibrates when on: When your unit begins to shutter or vibrate when on, it might indicate that the impeller has been damaged, putting pressure on the rest of the system.
- Constantly running: If your sump pump is running all the time it could be an indicator that you have switch issues either because it has lost connection to the power source or the switch has shifted inside the basin.
- Rust: When you notice brown or red buildup around your system, it is a sign of battery issues. While this rust isn’t dangerous, it can cause water flow problems for your sump pump.
- The motor gets stuck occasionally: Whenever your motor gets stuck, you should check your sump pump filter. When this filter isn’t cleaned or replaced regularly it can cause sediment buildup.
If any of these problems sound all too familiar, it is time to contact our licensed plumbers. At Bishop Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc., we take the time to thoroughly inspect your sump pump system before accurately diagnosing the problem and repairing the issue in no time.
Service That Goes Above and Beyond
We have been serving the homes and businesses of Glenview for nearly a century, and understand how to offer service that goes above and beyond the expectations of our customers. See our dozens of 5-star reviews left by past customers. We proudly offer same-day appointments and 24-hour emergency services to make sure you get the high-quality workmanship you need exactly when you need it.
Best plumber ever!- Carla
As a business owner I recognize good employees and customer service. Bishop is top notch!- Drew F
Great service! I'm already using them again!- Andrew Fase
Great job.- Richard Shire
Very pleased with the work done by Bishop. Always call when there is a plumbing issue beyond my abilities.- Mark